The Place of Hope
The Place of Hope is located at:
2735 5th Ave. Regina, SK S4T 0L2
Awasiw/The Place of Hope provides services from Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Awasiw is now open 7 nights a week from 9 pm - 7 am.
The Place of Hope responds holistically, traditionally and spiritually to the needs of Indigenous people (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) living with HIV, AIDS and Hepatitis C.
Access to ceremony and Elders
- Come in and smudge every day, Monday- to Friday at 10:00 am or upon request
- Elders are available upon request
- Special occasions call for Feasts, Round Dances and Giveaways
- Ceremonies are offered on occasion and include sweat lodge ceremonies, moon ceremonies, give-aways, round dances and cleansing
Access to resources and support
- Educational resources are readily available
- Personal care items when they are available
- Workshops, Guest speakers
- Access to phones, news
- Someone to talk to
Activities, crafts and movies
- Women's Group
- Men's Group
- Support Groups
- Recovery Groups
The Place relies on community support to meet the needs of the people we serve.
The Place welcomes donations of:
- Donate: Cash/cheques (charitable receipt for $20. and over)
- Food items such as beans, tuna, chicken, fish, ground beef, bread, rice, pasta, cereal, soups, stews. canned/frozen/fresh vegetables or fruit, juices
- Your time: come in and volunteer at The Place of Hope