The Place of Hope responds holistically, traditionally and spiritually to the needs of Indigenous people (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) living with HIV, AIDS and Hepatitis C.
The Outreach team consists of two full-time staff that works diligently at providing programming, resources, support and referrals. They also assist people with navigating through some of the issues they may be facing. They are strongly committed to the community and focus on building and maintaining a relationship with the community.
Access to ceremony and Elders
- Come in and smudge every day, Monday- to Friday at 10:00 am or upon request
- Elders are available upon request
- Special occasions call for Feasts, Round Dances and Giveaways
- Sweat Lodge
Access to resources and support
- Educational Resources are readily available
- Personal care items when they are available
- Workshops, Guest speakers
- Access to phones, news
- Someone to talk to
Activities, crafts and movies
- Women's Group
- Men's Group
- Support Groups
- Recovery Groups
The Place relies on community support to meet the needs of the people we serve.
The Place welcomes donations of:
- Cash/cheques (charitable receipt for $20. and over)
- Food items such as beans, tuna, chicken, fish, ground beef, bread, rice, pasta, cereal, soups, stews. canned/frozen/fresh vegetables or fruit, juices
- Your time: come in and volunteer at The Place
Other ways you can support The Place: